(The interview, I mean.)
On some level, it could not have gone any better. I managed to fire on all cylinders today, and, having thought about the people and place and likely tasks, was able to provide an analysis of what it sounds like they need and how I could provide that. Even better, it was an analysis that (a) was accurate but (b) they hadn't really figured out for themselves yet, so I got to look smart, too. I saw the person from two weeks ago again for a few minutes, as well, and was able to say hey, you know, I don't really need a job description at this point, don't let that hold you up, because if I come in and develop some systems and such, you may discover that you need a different array of people than you thought you did, and perhaps fewer people than you thought you did. Everyone seemed duly impressed and excited, but who knows whether they'll get it together--organization does not seem to be the strong suit of this part of that forest. (Which is why, in my heart of hearts, I wish I could work for the CFO, the woman with whom I originally interviewed.)
A part of me keeps thinking maybe I should get anxious about this--because I am, in fact, going to quit the bakery, no matter whether I have an offer or not, and I therefore will need another source of income. But I can't seemed to get wrapped around the axle about it. If they don't get something going soonish, I can go back to the CFO and talk to her again. I can find some temporary secretarial work while I expand my editing client list and continue to look for a full-time gig. Whatever. Trust me--if I don't have something in place by, oh, the end of January, there will be panic, and shit can always happen. All in all, though, I've had way more anxiety the past few days over the current copyediting job than over the job interview.
Incidentally, a few of you have asked about Friend. Now that I'm no longer married, I'm willing to answer specific questions (up to a point, anyway) if you have them. I'm a little hinky about his privacy, but I'll deal with that as it seems to be an issue.
I don't have anything profound to add. Or, rather, I do have a few things I'd like to go on about, but my energy has dwindled and I'd rather pour a glass of wine and watch either a movie ("Stranger than Fiction" is the one I haven't watched yet) or something lame on television.
Monday, November 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yay for an impressive performance at the interview!
I'd go with Stranger than Fiction. It captivated me, and I didn't like it any less when I saw it a second time on a plane.
Post a Comment