Friday, April 25, 2008

No Urgency

It's kinda even worse than I thought. I tried to fill out forms today, and there are great gaping holes where information should be. I'm sure I'll find the same thing tomorrow (yes, I'm going in tomorrow for awhile) when I go through the same exercise for the other organization. However, after speaking with a couple of coworkers who actually have a clue, I'm throwing this in my boss's lap. Tomorrow we are going to have what my old boss would call a come-to-jesus talk, because I've about had it. I ask people for assistance, and they say yes but don't produce, don't return emails, don't return phone calls. Do they not realize that these grants FUND THEIR JOBS? No money; no job.

But I've decided that it's not MY job to inform them of the urgency of the situation--hence the CTJ talk tomorrow.

Meanwhile, the facilities guy has decided to, as he puts it, "fag up my office." Which just cracks me up. This statement occurred when I examined the diagram he'd made of how my office will be rearranged and noticed a little table/chairs/lamp grouping in the corner of the diagram--furniture that by and large is not now in my office, but that he'll rummage around in thrift stores to find. I think he likes me--and, really, I like him.

I'm taking Nasty Herb Concoction again--my acupuncturist is unhappy with the state of my tongue and the apparent dampness of my being. The acupuncture was good today, though; more subtle than the zen shiatsu, but more intense than it was the last time around.

I've been making a list of the things I want to do when I'm done with these proposals: so far, i want to see the dentist, the gynecologist, my zen shiatsu practitioner, and the woman who cuts my hair. The dentist I'll need to see more than once, I suspect. Plus, I have a certificate somewhere for part of a massage (just the left side, i think) from several years ago, and I think I'm going to use that, too. No such thing as too many massages.

1 comment:

kStyle said...

I think you're right to have a CTJT now. Keep us posted.

I can't read the word verification. It's extra-garbled.