Last night I had SportsCenter on in the background, and one of the guys was talking about what sounded like "groin pain" in reference to the new head coach of the Knicks. I finally figured out that he was talking about GROWING pains, which made a little more sense and sounded a lot less painful.
We finished the proposals around 5 am Friday morning. Everything got submitted, and it was probably mostly correct. My coworker gave me a ride home, and I crawled into bed . . . and slept for about an hour. Around 7:00 my brain decided that it was time to wake up, despite the lack of sleep, so I succumbed and got up. I wandered downtown for lunch with Friend, then did some errands, wandered home, and had dinner with Chuck and CS. I had taken the precaution of cleaning off the couch so that I'd have a soft place to fall when I finally tipped over.
Yesterday I had intended to go to yoga--and, of course, found a reason not to go, though it was a pretty good reason as my excuses go. I started cleaning up crap, and I got on a roll, so i stuck with it. I threw out three bags and a box of crap--at this point, I need to plant a small forest to make up for the paper I've tossed. I got rid of several pair of shoes, some of which were way more than 10 years old and didn't fit. There are still two closets of crap through which I must sort at some point, but that project will have to wait for another day.
I even managed to haul my ass to a Trader Joe's so I could get a few things, including the eggs and milk I needed to make some cookies and some muffins today. I've made both of them already this morning, and I have to say they rock the house.
I substituted about six ounces of banana for half of the butter in the muffins (and I forgot to add the oats), and I left half of them in for an extra ten minutes, and they're a much prettier color--more golden brown. The lighter ones taste just fine, though. As for the cookies, I'd found a low-fat oatmeal cookie recipe (only 2 tblsp. butter) that called for applesauce, but I used the rest of the bananas instead (again, about six ounces). I also substituted honey for the white sugar (I left the brown sugar in, as it's getting old and I want to use it up). They're really nice--not classic oatmeal cookies, but quite tasty and not terribly unhealthy. I used dried blueberries instead of raisins--at about 73 cents per blueberry--and I like the flavor they impart. If I hadn't been planning on giving them to Friend, I'd probably have thrown some ginger in, too.
Of course, now I really must turn to some editing, seeing as how I have a pile of it. Luckily, the weather is supposed to suck ass today (cold, raining), and Indy qualifying will be on intermittently, so conditions are perfect for actually getting some work done. I must say, it feels very nice to have a normal weekend for a change . . .
Sunday, May 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment