Monday, July 12, 2010

Lazy Hazy

Tonight: No hockey, no Tour, no friends in the house. Ergo, it feels kinda strange. I had a fabulous time on my vacation; I must do that again sometime! Perhaps, soon! Given that I have more than three weeks' worth of time, I will in fact go ahead and do that.

M and I did a whole big bunch of nothing. We talked endlessly (and wonderfully); given that we have known each other for more than three decades and know each other's families and life stories, it wasn't as if we were going to run out of things to say. And we got to spend a bunch of time on the back porch and the sun porch, helping confirm just how wonderful those spaces are.

Saturday Friend and I took a friend to Madison so she (and we) could get a brewery tour, talk to a brewmaster, and drink beer. That was pretty good, too. We got back yesterday afternoon, and I couldn't help but think that a vacation from my vacation would have been a good thing. As it was, I had things in flames on my desk already, so that would have been a bad idea.

So, really, I don't have any profound thoughts tonight; I barely have any thoughts at all. Which is also fine. I'll put out a few more fires tomorrow, perhaps, and take it from there. This week is also full of social events, so I'm not sure where sleeping is going to fit in. Dinner tomorrow, possibly drinks with an old friend on Wednesday, and then concerts on Thursday through Saturday. Sunday will involve a great deal of nothing, I suspect.

1 comment:

Larry Jones said...

Nothing sounds good to me. The national heat wave has arrived in Southern California. It looked as if there would be no summer at all this year, but suddenly today it was over a hundred in the valleys and the weather reports show no cooling off for a few more days. If it stays like this for a while, we'll all get used to it (sort of) and get on with things, but during the transition we just want to lie on our backs with the fan blowing on us.

Meanwhile, 50 miles north of LA there were thunder storms, flooding and fires started by lightning. The spokesperson for the National Weather Service actually used the word "craziness" to describe conditions.

Hope you're getting a breeze off the lake.