Monday, July 9, 2007

More Lunch

Social, social Narya!

First, breakfast with the Brazen one (don't bother clicking--she's busy with skydiving and having fun, as well as working grueling hours at the Schmancy Restaurant, so writing blogposts isn't on her top-ten list) and another pastry school friend, then immediately went to meet the Orange one for tea (we had to change venues, as the original choice was closed, either for the day or permanently). After all the fun and socializing, I came home to slog through the rest of the proofreading, and, indeed, I finished it, which made me happy. I had negotiated a due date of next week at the latest, in anticipation of this week's craziness, but managed to get it done this week instead, which is what I'd hoped--freeing me up for the weekend. I've also taken on a dissertating client; I'm trying to help her get a proposal written and passed by her committee, which I think we can manage. My next Major Task is writing up the divorce papers: I saw Chuck and his son on Friday, and everyone behaved and had a good time. The rest of the weekend was spent working (Saturday), vegetating, breakfasting with Friend, watching races with said Friend, coaxing Friend into a walk in the woods, then making a light dinner with him (chopped tomatos, fresh mozzarella, and basil, with semolina sesame sourdough bread), then more race-watching, plus champagne (because why not; the Walgreen's near him has been clearing out its alcohol section, so the good stuff was 30% off).

Yes, it's still hot, and I expect the bakery will be extremely hot tomorrow--those oven thingies tend to heat things up some--but whatever. I'll play the lottery, too.

1 comment:

Orange said...

I thought all the Walgreens stores around here got rid of their liquor departments a few years ago. Apparently not. Mine moved the greeting card section to the old liquor zone.

Hooray for finishing up the proofreading early!