Among my tasks for tomorrow is going to the jeweler who made my wedding ring and finding out how much it will cost to get the diamond removed. I'd love to be able to put a ruby in it (it being my birthstone), but I can't really justify spending the money on a ruby, especially since I can't really wear the ring on a daily basis. Apparently Chuck's mother continues to ask him when he's getting the diamond back, and he doesn't want to sign any papers until we have a plan in place to get it back to her. Which is fine with me--I don't want it, and I won't wear the ring so long as it has a diamond in it--but I refuse to pay a single cent to have it removed. If she or he wants to cover the cost--in cash--then fine, I'll have it done.
And you know what else? She's welcome to discuss it with me if she has a problem with that. I have no doubt that Chuck will avoid that at all costs, because I'll bet you a dollar bill that there are many, many things he hasn't bothered to share with his family, and I know of several misrepresentations he's made as well. (For example, he claims that they just don't understand why I refused to even work on our marriage, which leads me to believe he's left out things like my efforts to find counseling we could afford, and that he hasn't exactly explained the parts about how he moved out, with my money, and then told me he was falling for someone else. I'd be happy to share that email with his mother, as a matter of fact. I probably won't, but I would have no problem doing so; perhaps that would help her understand why I don't believe a word that comes out of his mouth. And I doubt that he's mentioned that he kept the $2,000 that his old company eventually repaid him for travel expenses, when I was the one who actually put out that money. I'd be compelled to mention that as well.) I've had an email to his sister sitting in a folder on my desktop. I haven't sent it, and I probably won't do that, either, but I also haven't deleted it.
Happily, I have a zen shiatsu session scheduled for right after the jeweler visit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment