Well, as of about noon, I own a sunroom; the bank owns the rest of the place, but they're going to let me live there if I throw them a bunch of money every month, and, little by little, I'll be able to claim actual ownership of more of it. I didn't get back to the place until later this afternoon, but it was kinda cool to wander through the place by myself and try to soak in the sensations, such as they were.
Mostly, I'm just glad that I'm going to live someplace that's a nice place--plus, compared to where I've been living, it's huge (probably about 1400 square feet)--and all for a monthly amount that isn't any more than I'd be paying in rent for a nice apartment in this part of the city. (And, actually, it's still going to be less than Chuck and I were paying for rent in the place we shared four years ago.)
The plan is to move next week (!!!), which means I need to spend the next week packing the remainder of my stuff. Despite the absolutely insanely cluttered state of my apartment right now, I'm about 75% packed, I think--maybe even a bit more--so a few more concerted hours of effort should get me all the way there. Really, I don't have much choice--it is imperative that everything be packed before the movers show up. I'm moving on a Thursday, and I'll take off on Friday as well, so I'll essentially have three days to unpack my crap and put it away, which should be enough to get a bunch done. I realize that i have no idea where some bits are going to go, but I also know I don't have to decide everything now. I also know there are some things I want to do that will take some effort--build a mini-shelf in the kitchen, in a narrow space next to the counters, that will serve as a place for the mixer and the food processor--and that I may not get done right away.
Anyway. There's a ton of stuff to do, and I'm insanely busy at work, so the blogging is going to remain light for the time being, most likely.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Dude. Your place is bigger than mine.
Congrats!
Congrats! Hope you have many happy years there.
Yaaaaay! May you live there in good health!
Gracias, amigas.
The place IS huge--I'm going to be able to bowl in there, even after I move all my crap into the place (next week . . .). Right now, though, I am tired, tired, tired.
Post a Comment