Two election tidbits:
1. Obama will be the first President who is . . . younger than I am.
2. I've read that the turnout for this election was greater than for any election since 1908, i.e., a greater percentage of the population exercised their franchise. Except that, in 1908, most blacks couldn't vote, and no women could vote. Thus, if you count women and blacks in the "eligible" pool for 1908, a MUCH larger percentage of the adult population voted in this election than in any other U.S. election.
Work is wearing me down. Some people (especially my boss's boss) seem to think we have a contingent of elves and fairies who will get the work down as quickly as this person wants. BB also doesn't seem to realize that a lot of this mess was created on BB's watch. And, finally, constant criticism and demands do NOT energize me; the opposite, actually. It's not as though I'm going to leave or stop putting forth any effort, but if I know all I'm going to get is crap? I am not motivated.
I think I should get the part to my rowing machine back today . . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good point on the '08 election--I hadn't thought of that.
Post a Comment