Wednesday, February 18, 2009

And another thing . . .

Orange's comment on the last post reminds me of another aspect of the whole thing that annoys the fuck out of me: I do not believe that all of the people who align themselves with the godbag asshats actually share the beliefs of the GAs. I believe that people like ol' Ann align themselves for reasons that are disingenuous at best, and cynical exploitation at worst. I also believe the leaders, or many of them, cannot possibly believe the things they promulgate. (Fred over at Slacktivist has written a number of posts about this, but I am too lazy to go find them in his archives.) I think that many of the people who DO believe are ignorant--sometimes willfully so, but often because they have little or no exposure to alternatives, and they are frightened of alternatives, and the people who preach to them, like the GAs and their fellow travelers, exploit and encourage those fears.

I've been slammed at work, still, which is wearing me out. Three major things are due in the next three and a half weeks (a proposal; a yearly report to the federal government, which has multiple aspects; a financial report for a federal grant) and several other things are due at about the same time, plus a coworker is out of town for three weeks, so I'm doing some of her shit, too. Between now and mid March, forget about it. But, hey, I can only do what I can do, and there are limits to what I'm willing to sacrifice. I've been working full force since I was hired--and this week is my one-year anniversary.

Anyway. I'm fried tonight, too, so I got nothin' else.

3 comments:

kStyle said...

Your job is crazy. Any exit plans in the works?

Sessect! We sessect the parcel of land into two lots.

Jonquil said...

So, for the five-things meme:

Baking, Buddhism, homekeeping, friendship, starting over again.

Narya said...

k: Nah; I like the work and the people a lot; I have the chance to do things that are good and necessary; and I am making sure that I do not work insane hours (because, hello, not getting paid for that and don't want to burn out).

Jonquil: Oooooo! those are good ones! (For those of you wondering, see here.