Sunday, June 15, 2008

In today's news . . .

Chuck's ex-wife's house burned to the ground this morning. She--and CK--got out, and they elected not to watch it burn for the three hours it took. Apparently, the house got electrified because a transformer fell on the fence, and it took the electric company three hours to get there. And, of course, the fire fighters couldn't do anything until that happened. Oy.

5 comments:

Orange said...

Oy indeed. I hope she has good homeowner's insurance.

kStyle said...

Yikes. That's scary stuff. As someone who escaped a burning middle school with her classmates, I guarantee that they will obey all smoke alarms for the rest of time, and also that everyone will tease them for this.

Narya said...

She does have insurance, apparently, but--as you may have seen on the news--they lost every last thing. I particularly feel bad for CK; his mom is (at least theoretically) an adult, with an adult's ability to deal, but jeez, he's only 10, and he's already had a lot of upheaval in his life.

Anonymous said...

Ow.

I wonder if the insurer will send big bitey dogs after the electric company. Jassacks.

landismom said...

Ugh! So glad to hear that they escaped safely, though. What a scary thing for that kid to have to survive!